Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bitties and Calendar panel....


 Gosh, it's been a long time.  I haven't done much of anything lately but I have read a lot of books this winter!  Nothing exciting enough to recommend, but they kept me entertained while I huddled around the wood stove during our long cold spells.

I did sew a little- the bitty theme was "sewing" so I made this for group 1, a sewing bird, it's an antique gizmo also referred to as a 3rd hand.  The beak opens up in a real metal one and pinches onto your fabric, while the base clamps to your table.  This gives you a 3rd hand, basically.  Google it if you want to see a real one.  :)
 For group 2, I made a cat stealing fabric off the cutting mat.  
This has happened to me several times!
 I owed Kimmie a block so I made her a scarecrow for her Oz theme and 
thought he turned out pretty well.  
 Next up was the laundry theme- I made tiny little feedsack clothespin bags and hung them from a piece of rattail cording with 2 tiny clothespins.
 As you can see, it's March (banner above) and I made these 8 bitties for the new panel. These bitties came from all over the world, UK, Brazil, US, etc. 
 And this is the event tag for St. Patrick's Day on the 17th.
 Other than that, there's not much going on around here.  It's a warm sunny day today, in the 70's, but dropping down to freezing tonight and maybe a few snow flurries.  Spring can take it's time, I'd rather have a long, cool spring than jump right into summer!

Oh, and I joined a group on Facebook for decluttering the house, so I've been having lots of fun going thru things and getting rid of junk and donating good stuff to the doggie store!  That's time-consuming but rewarding!  I love simplifying the house.  Still have lots to do, but I have really pared down my clothing and the kitchen junk. It's like Spring Cleaning, only different.  That'll be later, after all the extra stuff is gone!


13 comments:

dolores said...

'bout time you posted!:) Looks to me like you have been plenty busy and reading is always a good thing...especially next to the woodstove! I can't wait until we get one...or rather get the one we have hooked up....maybe by next winter!:)
xo

Jo said...

Good to see you again Sooz. I think reading must be the new sewing.... we are just back from a holiday and I didn't put needle to fabric once, but went through a few books. Your decluttering sound such a good idea, might have to find that site myself. x x x

dorothy said...

LOVE the kitty stealing fabric, mine does that & is a black guy too...did you have a pattern or did you design it yourself? Would love to make one. Thank you for sharing.

5bird7 said...

A fb share brought me to your blog because your kitty stealing fabric block was so cute.

Shirley said...

I'm so glad I found the person who designed the Cat steeling fabric form the cutting mat by Google with exactly these words. I saw it the photo on internet half a year ago fell in love, and saved the photo but forgot to save your name or website. I made this same Cat as a fibermailcard for a friend in Germany, and I felt u comfortabel not o be able to give you credit. And now I can.
And I'm now able to ask your permission to put a photo of the card I made and you designed on my blog, with credits to you of course.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your permission, just posted the blog, read about it over here (with translator)
http://zipjezopje.wordpress.com/2014/11/21/kattekwaad/

Brita - the QuiltTopMaker ;-) said...

Oh, I love the cat stealing fabrics! It's just like my Tequila! :-) Do you have a pattern? I would like to make it. Thank you for a inspiring blog!

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness I LOVE the cat stealing the fabric off the mat. I ran across the picture of it on Pinterest & it's just so Hilarious & SO Adorable & something a cat definitely would do!!! I love cats & have had many in the past but my new husband is allergic to them so I can't have anymore. They're so entertaining & I could sit & watch them for hours. I've never appliqued before but I want to I just have to get out of my comfort zone. I've quilted, embroidered, hand embroidered & sewn baby dresses. You have such an imagination. Thanks for inspiring me I think I'm going to give it shot. I know this is at least a yr & a half after this has been posted but Merry Christmas 2015! :)

BuckeyeKitty aka KMYCAT said...

I just LOVE the kitty swiping fabric off the cutting mat. Did you have a pattern for this or create this free hand? >^..^<

تاج للخدمات المنزلية said...



Sewerage wiring company in Dammam, Khobar, Qatif and Al-Ahsa at the best and cheapest prices 0556959823

شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء

omabove said...

How to recover deleted Instagram post

TerryAchie90 said...

bingung mencari situs poker terpercaya? Ini dia situs POKERBET88 Online terbaik saat ini yang memberikan Anda kepuasan dalam bermain dengan sistem Fair play tanpa bot serta bonus kemenangan ratusan juta setiap hari

Herman Herrington said...

microsoft365.com/setup/family product key is a secured 25 digit alphanumeric code
series xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. This activation key can be used summarily to
install and activate the product with ease. One can effortlessly access more information
about these product keys at microsoft365.com/setup today.

Regards

microsoft365.com/setup
micrsoft365.com setup
microsoft365
office365.com
www.primevideo.com/mytv
primevideo.com/mytv